Perennials® is recognized as the preferred choice of leading design professionals worldwide for extraordinary quality, beauty and durability. Exclusive designs woven of the company’s trademarked 100% solution-dyed acrylic fibers, blend high performance with a soft natural hand. Manufactured for outstanding longevity, the fabrics and rugs resist mildew and stay color fast even after years of exposure to the sun. Perennials offers an unparalleled level of excellence in outdoor fabrics that are so refined designers bring them indoors for the finest homes.
Perennials is currently recruiting for Design Director to plan, direct and execute new design concepts as it relates to the Perennials brand.
- Collaborate on product creation, selection, and direction in order to optimize product offerings across for Perennials Fabrics to Interior Design and Architectural clients.
- Must be able to conceptualize, guide, and explain creative goals and their relationship to fabric design.
- To stay current on best practices, trends, and industry techniques to share ideas and knowledge with others
- Project Management experience is essential including timely execution and maintenance of interior design
- Lead and manage product development team
- Source current designers to partner with to create new product offerings
- Market Research (domestic and international) to identify concepts and opportunities for product design.
- Provide strategic design direction and collaborate with the CEO to develop a dynamic product assortment that support the brand image and achieve quantifiable business results
- Some travel, domestic and international will be required as necessary
- BA in design and a minimum time in the design/Architectural industry of 5 years or more experience at a design director’s level
- Historical and current design knowledge and disciplined design perspective/ Well connected within the Design Industry
- Should have a true passion for design and keen understanding of textile and furniture with product development
- Strong management and leadership skills, proven training and experience managing a team
- Ability to build relationships quickly and authentically across the company as well as external partners and clients
- Polished, personable and with a good sense of humor
Whether it’s the executive who offers visionary leadership, or the sales professional who won’t settle for less than 100%, a business needs great people to thrive. We believe deeply that the “right” people are our greatest asset. David Sutherland, LLC is the career for smart, creative, high energy people driven to contribute in a team environment where everyone can win.